During this busy season who has time to read an article? Nobody, so let’s just go straight to the recipe! Cheers!
Pumpkin Mascarpone Domes with Star Anise Maple Sauce
- Prepare pumpkin cake and set aside.
- Prepare mascarpone cream and fill in silicone molds alternating with the cake.
- Serve with star anise infused maple sauce. Leaves: Nougatine and Nougat Montelimar
Pumpkin Cake (Genoise method)
½ sheet pan (30 x 40 cm – 12 x 16 inches)
|8 oz||Extra fine granulated sugar||240 g|
|5 oz||Pumpkin puree||150 g|
|3.5 oz||Pastry flour||100 g|
|¼ teaspoon||Salt||1 g|
|2 tsp||Cinnamon||4 g|
|2 tsp||Ginger, dried||4 g|
|½ tsp||Baking soda||2 g|
|½ tsp||Baking powder||2 g|
- Whip the eggs and sugar in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment to a thick ribbon consistency. Add vanilla if desired. Sift the flour and all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove whipped eggs from machine and fold in the pumpkin puree. Gently fold in the dry ingredients.
- Spread on the sheet pan and place in a 375°F (190°C) oven until the cake bounces back when lightly pressed, about 12 minutes.