Kumquats are some of the quickest and least complicated fruits to candy. From start to finish, semi candied kumquats can be achieved within 40 minutes. A drastic time difference compared to the preparation of candied orange peels which are blanched several times to remove bitterness from the peel and are then followed by an extensive candying process.
Semi candied kumquats are well liked by our customers, therefore if you have desserts which you want to enhance with an orange-citrus component, they can be an excellent choice. Think about adding semi candied kumquats to gelato, layered in entremets, yogurt desserts, in cheesecake, in ganache etc.
Semi candied Kumquats | Semi Candied Cumquats
|17 oz||Extra fine granulated sugar||500 g|
|17 oz||Water||500 g|
|8 oz||Glucose||240 g|
|12 oz||kumquats||360 g|
- In a non reactive saucepan bring to a boil the sugar, water and glucose.
- Slice the kumquats crosswise in 2 mm thick slices.
- Add the sliced kumquats to the boiling syrup and turn to simmer.
- Simmer on low for approximately 30 minutes or until tender.
- Allow to cool and store in a refrigerator.